Passenger baggage is accepted for carriage as checked-in baggage and carried in baggage and cargo compartments of the aircraft. Cabin baggage is carried by passenger on board of aircraft as unchecked baggage.
Carrier shall take care in order to carry passenger’s checked baggage by the same aircraft as the passenger proceeds on. If such carriage is impossible, the Carrier shall carry such baggage by an aircraft that performs next flight to the passenger point of destination.
The Carrier may deny carriage of baggage to a passenger if the weight, number of pieces, contents, size or package does not meet the requirements of these Rules.
Baggage of a passenger that failed to show up for boarding after check in, including the baggage of no-show transit passengers and their cabin baggage are to be offloaded from the aircraft.
Unaccompanied baggage is not accepted for carriage, except for rush baggage.
Economy-class passenger is entitled to carry baggage of no more than 25 kg (20 luggage + 5 hand luggage) free of charge. In case of charter flights the free baggage allowance is determined by a separate agreement between the Carrier and charterer.
Carrier (authorized agent, charterer) shall advise passenger of free baggage allowances set for the carriage, as well as of the necessity of payment for excess baggage.
Excess, heavy and oversize baggage is accepted for carriage only upon availability of free capacity on the aircraft and subject to payment by passenger for carriage of such baggage.
The Carrier on passenger’s request who travelling with common aim of travel to the same airport (point) of destination or airport (point) of stop over by the same flight (family members, persons who are travelling together or travelling to business trip) can provide pool bag for such passengers. Such pool bag is applicable only to the free baggage allowances. Baggage is checked in for each passenger individually.
Passenger carry-on items (cabin baggage).
Passenger carry-on items (cabin baggage) are an unchecked baggage.
As cabin baggage passengers are allowed to carry only one piece of baggage of not more than 5 kg, dimensions no more than 55х40х20 cm. Cabin baggage is included in the free baggage allowance.
In excess of the prescribed free baggage allowance
and free of charge passenger is entitled to carry the below listed items, if they are carried on the passenger and not put into the baggage:
- lady purse or briefcase;
- paper folder;
- flower bouquet;
- printed publications for reading in flight;
- infant food for use in flight;
- cellular phone;
- photo camera;
- video camera;
- laptop computer;
- suit in garment bag;
- flight baby cot;
- crutches, stretchers or folding wheelchair in case of carrying passenger from among disabled persons or other persons with reduced mobility.
The items listed above in this paragraph are not presented for weighing and not subject for check in or labeling.
Cabin baggage during transportation shall be placed under passenger seat, except for the seats close to the emergency exits. Over the passenger seat in a closing baggage compartment it is possible to place light-weight belongings and passenger overclothes.
When checking in, the passenger is obliged to present for weighing all the baggage intended for carriage, except for the items that he/she will need during boarding (deplanement) the aircraft and in flight. Carrier is not liable for safekeeping of cabin baggage and personal belongings taken on board. Passenger shall take care of safekeeping of his/her cabin baggage. In case of flight interruption passenger while disembark the aircraft should remove all cabin baggage and items taken on board.
Cabin baggage and personal belongings left by passenger on board of aircraft and found by flight attendants after the flight performance are given at off-base airports to a representative or supervisor with whom the Airline signed a contract, with obligatory drawing up of the corresponding Act. At the base airport the left things will be given to the Airline company representative under Handover act and are stored at the Carrier’s office within six months after the arrival of aircraft at the airport, whereupon the cabin baggage and personal belongings are subject to realization or disposal in the manner prescribed by the legislative acts of the Russian Federation.
Through check-in baggage to the final destination in transit flights can be performed, provided that RF Government Regulation No. 637 dated July 10, 2014 “Concerning the simplified procedure of customs operations related to goods accepted by the air carrier for carriage in accompanied baggage” has been complied with.
Check-in passenger’s baggage as transfer baggage for transit flights is only possible if it contains no goods subject to customs declaring in writing, in accordance with the customs legislation of the Customs Union.
The above-mentioned customs declaring procedure does not exempt a passenger from his/her obligation to comply with other requirements of the customs legislation of the Customs Union and customs legislation of the Russian Federation.
Requirements for baggage contents
Each piece of checked baggage shall have a proper package ensuring its safety during transportation and processing and excluding the possibility of causing harm to passengers, crew members, third parties, damage to the aircraft, and baggage of other passengers or another property.
Baggage that doesn’t meet the above listed requirements is not accepted for carriage.
Baggage that has external damages not affecting its safety during transportation and processing and that cannot cause harm to passengers, crew members, third parties, damage to the aircraft, and baggage of other passengers or another property, may be accepted for carriage as checked in baggage by agreement with Carrier. In such a case the existence and kind of damage will be confirmed by passenger signature when checking in such baggage.
For the flight safety purpose the following items are not accepted for carriage as baggage:
- items and substances prohibited for carriage by laws of the Russian Federation and Government regulations, rules and instructions of state bodies of the Russian Federation, international documents in the area of civil aviation, international treaties of the Russian Federation and documents of public authorities of any country to, from or through the territory of which carriage is performed;
- fire-arms, cold and gas arms;
- pepper-spray balls and cartridges for gas guns (pistols);
- explosives, firing agents and items stuffed with them;
- compressed and liquefied gases;
- toxic, poisonous and irritating substances;
- flammable solids and liquids;
- caustic and corrosive substances;
- magnetized materials;
- radioactive materials;
- wild animals and birds;
- other materials and substances which may cause harm to passengers, aircraft or property on board of the aircraft or which can be used for commitment of acts of unlawful interference with the Carrier’s activities.
Items and substances which may be carried in limited quantities as baggage:
- alcoholic beverages containing not more than 24% alcohol by volume;
- alcoholic beverages, when in retail packaging, containing more than 24% but not more than 70% alcohol by volume, in receptacles not exceeding 5L, with a total net quantity per person of 5 L;
- non-radioactive medicinal or toilet articles (including aerosols, hair sprays and perfumes) as checked baggage only for sporting or home use aerosols which release valves are protected by caps to prevent inadvertent release of the contents — the total net quantity of each single article must not exceed 0.5 kg or 0.5 L, total net quantity per 1 passenger must not exceed 2 kg or 2 L;
- cylinders (weighting under 10 kg) with gas worn for the operation of mechanical limbs, as well as replacement bottles of the same dimensions, if it is needed to maintain the reserves needed during the time of carriage;
- dry ice for cooling of perishable foodstuffs to which ICAO Technical Instructions are not applicable, provided that carbon dioxide gas can be carried in cabin baggage, and by the Carrier’s agreement in checked baggage — not more than 2 kg per passenger;
- safety matches or cigarette lighters for individual use carried by passenger on him/her (carriage of cigarette lighters containing unabsorbed liquid fuel (except for liquid gas), as well as fuel for lighters and refueling elements is prohibited in checked baggage and in cabin baggage. Air carriage of thermomatches is prohibited);
- Cardiac stimulators or other radioisotope devices, including devices powered by lithium batteries and implanted into the human body, or radioactive pharmaceuticals containing in the human body as a result of therapy.
Items and substances that may be carried in passenger baggage with the approval of the Carrier:
- small oxygen or air, gaseous, cylinders required for medical use. The cylinders must not exceed 10 kg gross weight;
- battery-powered wheelchairs or other similar mobility devices with non-spillable batteries, carried as checked baggage, if battery terminals protected from short circuit and battery securely fastened to wheelchair or mobility device;
- battery-powered wheelchairs or other similar mobility devices with spillable batteries, carried as checked baggage, if the wheelchair can be loaded, placed, fastened and offloaded only in an upright position and provided that it is shut off, battery terminals protected from short circuit and battery securely fastened to wheelchair of mobility device.
If it is impossible to load, fasten and offload the wheelchair only in an upright position, the battery must be removed and afterwards such wheelchair or mobility device may be carried without restrictions as checked baggage.
Removed battery must be transported in strong and rigid packaging and:
- packaging must be leak-tight which avoid spillage; it is required to provide roll-over protection by way of attaching to pallets or through its fixation in cargo compartments using the appropriate fastening means, such as tightening bands, brackets or mounting supports;
- it must be protected from short circuits, put into such packaging in an upright position and surrounded by compatible absorbent material sufficient to absorb its total liquid contents;
- such packaging is to be marked with packaging placement sign, label «wet battery, with the wheel-chair» or «wet battery, with the mobility device» and corrosion danger sign;
- only as cabin baggage mercury barometer or thermometer carried by passenger who is an officer of federal executive authority in the field Hydrometeorology. Such barometer or thermometer must be in rigid packaging with sealed inner liner inside or sack of a strong material which is mercury-proof and puncture-proof that avoids leak of mercury from a package unit, wherever it is located. Carrier (pilot in command) shall be given information on such barometer or thermometer.
It’s not recommended to passengers to put into their checked baggage fragile and perishable items, banknotes, jewelry, precious metals, computers, electronic communication devices, debentures, valuable securities and other, business documents, passports, IDs, keys or similar items.
Passenger is responsible for carriage in baggage items prohibited for carriage or handed over for transportation in violation of the requirements and conditions of carriage set out in this rules.
Packaging of baggage pieces parked in the baggage must ensure safety of the baggage contents in the process of its handling and transportation.
Two or more items in individual packages may not be integrated into a single piece.
Baggage the package of which contains sharp or protruding elements or baggage in damaged package is not accepted for carriage.
Passenger is liable for packaging of its baggage. Carrier has the option do deny acceptance of baggage as checked baggage to a passenger, unless such baggage is put into the package ensuring its safety under ordinary handling conditions.